TAG! YOU'RE IT!
HAA!!! That's what I woke to this morning, though not so big and bold! So, I see there is a "Tag" game going around!! I didn't even get the chance to run!!! I've been graciously tagged by Ginger of MsBelle Jewelry and now I must share with you 7 fun facts about myself. Then....I get to TAG 7 of YOU! (**This is all just for fun. Please DO NOT feel compelled to participate if you wish not to**)
OK, here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger (blog or online website) and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
And here we go:
1. I am majorly addicted to Ice Cream. Just gotta have it. No if, ands, or buts about it. There's not a single minute of the day that I'd turn it down. No matter what time of day, week, month, year, season...it doesn't matter. I just want Ice Cream! Currently my faves are Ben & Jerry's Mocha Heath Bar Crunch, Ben & Jerry's Phish Food, Hagan Daaz Caramel Cone and Blue Bell's Strawberry Cheesecake.
2. When I was a little girl (way little like 4 or 5 years of age) I was horrified of the moon. Yes, that harmless bright light in the sky! I honestly don't know why. It wasn't like my parents let me watch horror movies so I'm not sure where the phobia came from. If we were out at night, I'd literally run as fast as I could to the front door to get in. I couldn't even look up in the sky! I eventually got over it and now I find myself staring at the gorgeous luminous glow on warm summer nights!
3. I love handmade. That's why I have a shop on Etsy! I love the idea of making things with my own two hands. Being able to hold up a piece of jewelry and know that I made that now that's a sign of success in my book! I have taken the Handmade Pledge and choose to purchase the majority of gifts (about 90%) from Etsy or other individuals who handcraft goodies. I am personally addicted to several shops on Etsy including SatinPetalSoap, MsBelle, BeeDazzlesGifts, MerkabaJewelry, DestinysCreation, BelleBeads, CraftsByChris, BlueSaphire, CBLandCompany just to name a few.
4. I am an Environmental Scientist by day! AND actually I have a Bachelor's Degree in Wildlife & Fisheries Resource Management; concentration is Wildlife Biology and Ornithology and a Minor in Communication Studies. I have a Master of Science Degree in Biology with a concentration in Ornithology. But my motto today is "I went from chasing birds to chasing turds"!!! I really don't "chase turds" though a portion of Environmental Science is dealing with what goes into the environment; including "turds". My 'assigned' duties at my job are to conduct compliance evaluation inspections (making sure facilities are following the Environmental Rules and Regulations) at solid waste and hazardous waste facilities. Don't worry, I'm not a REALLY mean Inspector :)
5. And to follow #4; I'm an avid Birdwatcher. I've been known to plan vacations AROUND what birds are likely to be seen during a certain time of year! If there are vagrants coming in from say, Mexico, well I'll be heading to Brownsville, Texas so that if I get to see them, they will count on the North American Birding Association's Birding Checklist! Yes, I have a, what real 'birders' call a Lifelist! Currently I'm just over 400 birds! My husband and I are currently planning a 3 day backpacking trip in the Smokey Mountains during the peak of Spring Migration!
6. I'm a HUGE sports fanatic!!! WOW! My greatest love in sports is COLLEGE FOOTBALL! Go WVU Mountaineers (my Undergrad Alma Mater and Home State!). I'm already having withdrawals for the lack of College Game Day on Saturdays and it's only mid-February and football just officially ended early January! I also love the NFL too. Go Colts and Steelers!! I follow NASCAR as well; at least I follow Dale Earnhardt, Jr...wherever he should go!
7. I have this annoying sun allergy! I have no idea why this started as I was always outside as a kid! It just popped up my Sophomore year (1998) in College. It started after I'd gone to the tanning bed for a few days to get a base tan. I was about to go to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina for a week and didn't want to burn to a crisp! I'd gone to the tanning bed for about three days when all of a sudden I started breaking out in this horrible rash/hives. It was the itchiest thing EVER! Worse than the worst case of Poison Ivy, I am sooo serious! I thought at first that it must be the tanning lotion I was using so I purchased special lotion from the salon (and paid a ridiculous price as I remember). Nope, that didn't help anything!! Ok, it's the tanning bed? Well, I'd gone to the tanning bed plenty of times prior for such events as Homecoming and Prom in High School. Well, that's not necessarily it. I can't even lay out in the "real" sun any longer than like a day or two. On our Honeymoon in St. Lucia (November 2004) I had laid out for 3 days when the rash started. To this day I keep my white butt indoors and yep, I admit to using that tanning stuff in a bottle ;)
Well, sorry for boring you! That's 7 "unique" facts about me. Maybe you have learned something new about me! Ok, this brings me to....
And now...TAG YOU ARE IT!
1. Jennifer (MerkabaJewelry)
2. Janet (BlueSaphire)
3. Bee (BeeDazzlesGifts)
4. Janice (DestinysCreations)
5. Chris (CraftsByChris)
6. Sue (SignatureSterling)
7. Angela (BlueLagoonBeads)
**AGAIN, this is all just for fun. Please DO NOT feel compelled to participate if you wish not to**