Monday, November 24, 2008

Another Side You May Not Know....

Opening Weekend of Duck Season in Louisiana, November 15.
Mollicy Farms - Upper Ouachita National Wildlife Refuge

My First Duck...Pintail Drake!

Yes, I know, how could I shoot such a gorgeous bird. I've always been an "occasional" hunter.
I've only been squirrel hunting and duck hunting though. I could never think about dropping a deer, no way! I'm a Wildlife Biologist by training and hunting is the most effective management tool for controlling a wild population (outside of natural selection). Some people don't agree with hunting, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion and thoughts. However, we consume the meat, and prefer wild game over anything that is farm raised and pasteurized. We don't hunt for sport, we hunt for sustenance.

This post is not meant to offend anyone and I apologize if it does. This was a very exciting achievement for me, and my husband was so proud of me!
I just thought I would share it with you!
Even Chloe was intrigued by the ducks!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You look so cute in your camo! :)

Anonymous said...

Amanda...congrats!!! :0) silky

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails