Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I'm Featured on Foxy Findings Blog!!!!!!!!!

Yay!!! I had the honor of being interviewed for Foxy Findings Blog!

Natasha Holstine-Rao (Foxy Findings/Art Fire-Social Media Marketing/PR) emailed me in early August about doing a feature on me and my jewelry! I was just ecstatic when I got the request!

Here is part of the interview:

I love finding new designers that have totally different jobs by day and design beautiful jewelry by night or weekend. It’s also interesting to find where many of these designers live. It just proves that you do not need to live in New York, Los Angeles, or Paris to design something wonderful. Here’s an inside look into jewelry designer, Amanda Daniel of Chloe Boutique-Handmade Jewelry from the Bayou.

Name: Amanda Daniel

Occupation: Environmental Scientist by day; Jewelry Artisan/Designer by night (WOW, what a BIG change!:))

Location: West Monroe, Louisiana

Brand Name: Chloe Boutique- Handmade Jewelry From the Bayou

What is your favorite blog?

Funky Finds! I love seeing all of the fabulous handmade items, and I enjoy reading about events! (I was a Funky Find once!)

Who is your favorite designer?

Ann Taylor (Ann Taylor is doing a lot of great things this season!), Calvin Klein

Why did you start designing jewelry?

I started creating jewelry when I couldn’t find accessories that I liked for outfits I had. Or, I’d find pieces of jewelry that seemed to be so cheaply put together with wires sticking out, rings not closed, or that would just fall apart. I thought, “I can do better than this!” The first set of jewelry I created was a black and white necklace with matching earrings to wear with a dress for a Bridal Luncheon for my Sister-in-Law! I had received so many compliments on that set! Next thing I knew, I had people asking for custom pieces! I even had one lady bring me an outfit, and asked me to make something to go with it!

What inspires your designs?

There really isn’t one thing that inspires my designs. I love creating pieces that can be worn casually, yet can add the finishing touches to an elegant evening. I like simple and streamline. I’ve begun to venture out of my comfort zone to create pieces that I wouldn’t normally create. I have enjoyed just “putting” things together, not knowing how they will turn out only to find I get raving compliments! One example is a necklace I made using all of my blue shaded gemstones/pearls. I wanted to put a “random” necklace together where there was no symmetry. I created it in my kitchen with only the natural light coming through the window as we were without electricity right after Hurricane Gustav. The necklace was called “Stormy Seas”.

Where are your items sold?

Etsy

ArtFire

How would you describe your designs?

“Simple Complexity,” I love putting together pieces that are simple, yet full of color, contrast, and uniqueness. I aim to create gorgeous jewelry for anyone to wear day and night, business attire or for a night out on the town. I use high quality gemstones, freshwater pearls, Swarovski crystals and Czech glass, quality metals, artisan lampwork glass beads and polymer clay beads, and vintage beads.


To see the entire interview, and photos used, please visit the link below!

http://www.foxyfindings.com/blog/?p=759

1 comment:

BeadedTail said...

I read your interview and saw your beautiful photos! Great feature Amanda!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails