Monday, January 18, 2010

No Ducks for Me This Year :(

I generally keep my Blog posts focused on my Jewelry business, and occasional family matters, but I wanted to show off my pretty duck from last year...

Well, duck season in northeast Louisiana is about to end, and I still haven't "harvested" any. I've been only a few times....and haven't even fired a single shot!

Guess they're safe from me this year :) Hubby has only "harvested" a few himself. So much for that wonderful Duck & Oyster Gumbo Hubby makes each year...


Here is my fabulous FIRST DUCK which was a Pintail Drake...not bad for your first one! He's a pretty sought after duck.
He was "harvested" at Upper Ouachita National Wildlife Refuge on November, 15th, 2008.

1 comment:

Sewinggranny - Mona said...

Amanda...very nice duckie but would rather see him strutting around...sorry...not a hunter!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails