Have an easy and VERY tasty one for you! Hubby and I had this Tuesday night!
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 16-ounce tube pizza dough
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
Make the taco seasoning: Mix all of the ingredients with 1 tablespoon each salt and black pepper in a bowl.
Prepare the pizza: Mix 2 tablespoons of the taco seasoning and the canola oil in a shallow bowl. Pound the chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap to 1/4 inch thick. Add the chicken to the bowl, turning to coat, and marinate 30 minutes.
Preheat a grill to medium high. Grill the chicken until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Let cool, then cut into bite-size pieces.
Divide the dough into 3 pieces. Roll out each on a floured surface into an 8-inch round. Brush with canola oil, sprinkle with taco seasoning and grill until crisp, 3 to 5 minutes per side; remove from the grill.
Mix the cheeses in a bowl, then sprinkle on the crusts and top with the chicken. Return the pizzas to the grill, and cook until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, mix the avocado, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, red onion, and salt and pepper to taste. Top the pizzas with the avocado mixture, salsa, sour cream and cilantro.
Oh, and for you vegetarians out there, I'm sure it would be just as tasty minus the chicken...just add more veggies!